ACCESS TO MY HEALTH INFORMATION
I have the right to access (and have corrected) my health information under Rules 6 and 7 of the Health Information Privacy Code 2020.
VISITING ANOTHER GP
If I visit another GP practice, outside of Wanaka Medical, I will be asked for permission to share information from the visit with my regular doctor or practice. If I have a High User Health Card or Community Services Card and I visit another GP who is not my regular doctor, he/she can make a claim for subsidy and the practice I am enrolled in will be informed of the date of that visit. The name of the practice I visited and the reason(s) for the visit will not be disclosed unless I give my consent.
PATIENT ENROLMENT INFORMATION
The information I have provided on the Practice Enrolment Form will be:
- Held by Wanaka Medical.
- Used by the Ministry of Health to give me a National Health Index (NHI) number or update any changes.
- Sent to the PHO and Ministry of Health to obtain subsidised funding on my behalf.
- Used to determine eligibility to receive publicly-funded services. Information may be compared with other government agencies but only when permitted under the Privacy Act.
Members of my health team may:
- Add to my health record during any services provided to me and use that information to provide appropriate care.
- Share relevant health information to other health professionals who are directly involved in my care.
In the case of financial audits, my health information may be reviewed by an auditor for checking a financial claim made by the practice but only according to the terms and conditions of section 22G of the Health Act (or any subsequent applicable Act). I may be contacted by the auditor to check that services have been received. If the audit involves checking on health matters, an appropriately qualified health care practitioner will view the health records.
OTHER USES OF HEALTH INFORMATION
Health information which will not include my name but may include my National Health Index identifier (NHI) may be used by health agencies such as the District Health Board, Ministry of Health or PHO for the following purposes, as long as it is not used or published in a way that can identify me:
- Health service planning and reporting
- Monitoring service quality
My health information may be used for health research but only if this has been approved by an Ethics Committee and will not be used or published in a way that can identify me.
Except as listed above, I understand that details about my health status or the services I have received will remain confidential within the medical practice unless I give specific consent for this information to be communicated.